Penne Pasta in red totamo sauce
Author: Foodies Junktion
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 5-6 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Onion
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 4-5 Basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp Onions, chopped
- ½ Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- To taste Salt
- To sauté Oil
For the Pasta:
- 110 Gram Pasta
- 3 Cups Water
- A pinch of Salt
- Cook the tomatoes in a pan.
- Add the clove of garlic, onion and bay leaf to it.
- Add water and then season with salt and sugar.
- Cover and let the tomatoes boil.
- Cool and then grind to a puree.
- Now in a separate pan, heat oil and add chopped onions and chopped garlic.
- Add the tomato puree. Cook till its reduces to half.
- Add basil leaves and keep aside.
- Boil water with salt.
- Add the pasta to it and let it boil. Drain when done
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with the tomato sauce.